Episode 13 of the Talkin’ Tech podcast for all our PodPeople! This week, amongst many topics, we’re talking lawsuits, Samsung and Qualcomm with our special guest Greg Morris.
Here’s episode 13 of Talkin’ Tech, the weekly podcast from the MobileTechTalk team. Join us each week for discussion and opinions, news, sneak peaks and more from the world of mobile technology and beyond.
This week we look at:
- Class action lawsuit filed against Apple for iOS device “Error 53” (http://www.imore.com/law-firm-files-class-action-suit-against-apple-over-error-53-failed-iphone-security-checks)
- Do you like January 1st 1970? well your iPhone sure as hell doesn’t. (http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2016/02/whatever-you-do-dont-set-your-iphone-to-1970/)
- Bought a Macbook 2015 near launch? you might be entitled to a new USB-C charging cable (http://www.anandtech.com/show/10034/apple-offering-replacement-usb-typec-cables-for-2015-macbook-owners)
- The Honor Holly 2 Plus (terrible name) launches in India today for the equivalent of $125 or £85~ (http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_holly_2_plus_to_be_available_for_purchase_starting_next_week-news-16591.php)
- Qualcomm makes a “new” SoC for IoT, the Snapdragon Wear 2100 (http://www.anandtech.com/show/10031/qualcomm-announces-snapdragon-wear-2100-iot-soc)
- Qualcomm also upgraded itsl ower end offerings, we now have the 425,435 and the 625 SoCs, the 625 is the most interesting by far. (http://www.anandtech.com/show/10030/qualcomm-announces-snapdragon-625-425-435-mid-and-lowend-socs)
- More Qualcomm? Why not! The X16 LTE Modem aims to bring gigabit LTE to mobile. (http://pocketnow.com/2016/02/12/qualcomm-snapdragon-x16-modem-gigabit-class-lte)
- The S7 is probably going to come in these colours, and more than likely others too (http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/02/14/new-galaxy-s7-edge-render-leak-reveals-three-color-options/)
- The Note 6 might have 6gb of RAM, if it does i may actually cry (http://pocketnow.com/2016/02/12/6gb-ram-galaxy-note-6)
- Pretty much everyone has reviewed the Asus ZenFone Zoom and said the same thing, Cool camera idea, meh camera sensor. (http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/4/10916304/asus-zenfone-zoom-review-camera-specs)
- Facebook might be bringing back SMS into messenger? I.AM.EXCITE (http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/11/10970534/facebook-messenger-android-sms-texting-app-test)
If you’re feeling generous, take a look at www.patreon.com/mobiletechtalk for more info on how you can help us!
Fancy getting involved? Head on over to the “Join Us” page and let us know and we could be seeing you on Talkin’ Tech!!