One of the inalienable truths of owning a smartphone is that there will no doubt be issues with it at some point during its lifespan. It’s a piece of complex technology and with the best will, and minds, in the world, they aren’t flawless. This is precisely why manufacturers give a warranty period. However, hands up if you’ve been a few weeks past the warranty expiration date and then developed a battery or screen fault? Yup, me too. Chitter Chatter might just come to the rescue based on their announcement today.
Today UK mobile phone retailer Chitter Chatter has announced they have launched a Mobile Phone Lifetime Guarantee, meaning that if UK customers buy a new pay monthly or SIM Free phone at Chitter Chatter, it’s guaranteed for the entire life of the device against any manufacturer faults. That’s longer than any standard manufacturer warranty.
A new customer promise gives customers further peace of mind when buying their new mobile phone.
- Mobile Lifetime Guarantee now available at Chitter Chatter when you buy a new mobile phone.
- Includes pay monthly phones with a network contract or SIM Free.
- Part of a number of new services launching with the online retailer in 2020 to help customers with more than just a ‘great deal’.
Chitter Chatter recognise how important our mobile phones are and are on a mission to help more people stay connected to what’s important. That’s why when you buy a new mobile phone at Chitter Chatter, they will cover the device against any manufacturer faults for the lifetime of the product.
Chitter Chatter have long understood that a new mobile phone can be quite a significant investment and in addition to their value deals and award-winning customer service (they are winners of the EE Best Customer Experience award), want to give their customers further peace of mind that their new mobile phone will continue to work as it should for as long as it’s needed or until you choose to upgrade.
Chitter Chatter’s Mobile Lifetime Guarantee applies to all new mobile phones purchased at Chitter Chatter, whether on a pay monthly mobile contract or SIM Free. For clarity, the full terms and conditions of the Lifetime Guarantee are available on their website and detailed below.
Chitter Chatter Lifetime Guarantee
Chitter Chatter covers your device against any manufacturer faults for the lifetime of your new device. That’s longer than any standard manufacturer warranty. Should a product fail due to manufacturing defects in workmanship and/or materials, or a genuine fault, they will repair the item free of charge or replace at their discretion.
The below is NOT covered with the guarantee:
- The guarantee covers genuine manufacturing faults or defects only and does not cover normal wear and tear.
- Headphones, chargers and other accessories supplied with the device are not covered.
- Accidental damage and water damage. Whether it’s caused by you or someone else.
- Poor aftercare. Your product should be cared for and properly maintained. If, for example, your device was serviced or repaired by any company or person other than the manufacturers authorised agent the fault would be due to poor aftercare, rather than being a manufacturer’s fault.
- Damage caused by misuse or alteration of the product.
- Any consequential loss or damage resulting from a fault.
- Second hand items. Their guarantee covers only the original owner and is not transferable.
- The guarantee doesn’t apply to Refurbished Phones sold at Chitter Chatter but those products do include Chitter Chatter standard 12 month UK ‘no fuss’ warranty.
Details of the announcement are also available on their blog: https://www.chitterchatter.co.uk/blog/mobile-phone-lifetime-guarantee-launch-for-uk-customers/