Sonoro, German audio specialists, are launching a new product through their ‘faller’ brand, OSKAR. OSKAR, a wireless speech amplifier, is aimed at helping those with hearing difficulties enjoy TV again!
Why is OSKAR revolutionary? Unlike other TV speakers, OSKAR has been developed for ease of use, with the prime audio focus on dialogue definition. Nothing complicated here, just one large control wheel on the top of the speaker for power ON/OFF and volume, and then a single ‘Speech Filter’ button on the side which can be activated allowing the user to scroll through OSKAR’s three speech settings. sonoro has been designing and developing high-quality audio systems in Germany since 2006, and the team has managed to impart their collective, award-winning expertise into faller. Having such an experienced team behind them ensures the OSKAR has been developed to incredibly high standards.
“Our impetus to develop OSKAR came from our private lives. My father’s hearing was getting worse and worse and he had to make more and more of an effort to understand the TV sound. Above all, he could no longer hear the dialogue properly and quickly became tired due to the strain of listening.” – Marcell Faller – founder and MD of Sonoro Audio
OSKAR was developed and designed in Germany and is available now for £259/€269 (RRP) in the UK and Europe directly from faller as well as Amazon and selected TV and audio retailers.
- Uses 2 x 35 mm, stereo full-range speakers
- Power output is 2 W + 2 W, @1% THD, 1 KHz, 4 Ω
- Includes a passive driver for the bass range
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charging time: approx. 4 h
- Operating time: approx. 16 h
- LC3 frequency band with low latency (2.402 GHz – 2.480 GHz)
- Maximum range: approx. 30 m
- Docking station:
- 160 x 66 x 25 mm (W x D x H)
- AUX-In (3.5 mm jack)
- Toslink (Optical Audio Input)
- USB port (USB-C, input: DC 5.0 V 2.0 A)
- 240 x 60 x 102 mm (W x D x H)
- Headphone connection AUX-Out (3.5 mm jack)
- USB port (USB-C, input: DC 5.0 V, 2.0 A)
The OSKAR speech amplifier will be