Long after OnePlus made 2 OxygenOS “Community builds” available for testing purposes and to ensure a high quality update. Not to mention 7 months after Google made the source for Android 6.0 Marshmallow available – OnePlus is now finally pushing out the Marshmallow upgrade for the OnePlus 2.
Beware of the fact that you’ll need to enroll your fingerprint again after doing the update to Android 6.0.1 due to the new fingerprint API in Android 6.0. If you’re already on the latest community build (OxygenOS 3.0.1), you will now also receive the upgrade to the latest stable version of OxygenOS (3.0.2), but you won’t need to enroll your fingerprint again.
As always the upgrade to Android Marshmallow is bringing some nice features to the table like Google Now on Tap and the new way Google integrated the permissions system. OnePlus also made a small list of what you can expect as soon as you’ve got the update installed:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade (Of course….)
- Enhanced Doze mode for better battery life
- System wide performance improvements
- Improved fingerprint sensor performance and recognition
- New OnePlus Camera UI and AF optimization
- MaxxAudio and Tuner have been removed. We have integrated with Dirac HD Sound technology for the speaker so you get a great experience without the knobs and dials
- Shelf UX has been improved. You can now long press to edit a board
- You can now lock apps in recents so they won’t be cleared away. We’ve also added clear process in addition to clear-all for those of you who want a better control of background processes
- Network operator selection will now stick to your choice so you don’t accidentally roam onto unintended networks
- Swiftkey update to 6.3.3
Availability of the OxygenOS update
Just like with every update, it’ll be rolled out incremental. Helen, a staff member of OnePlus, said that the update should reach every user in the upcoming 48 hours or so.
Do you like to see it that OnePlus is finally bringing Android 6.0.1 to the OnePlus two? Or are you already running a custom ROM like the official CM13 nightlies for the OnePlus 2 which recently started? Do let us know in the comments below!